DESTROY ILLUSIONS ASSEMBLY
Motivational speaker, Tom Coverly wins students over the moment he walks on stage. He combines comedy magic and tons of audience participation as a way to capture attention like you have never seen before. The remainder of the assembly is a heart to heart talk using powerful real life stories and a life-changing challenge that impacts schools long after the assembly is over. The heartbeat of the assembly is about respecting yourself and respecting others! This assembly is engaging, emotional, inspiring and goes beyond the four walls of the school and is changing students, schools, homes and communities like never before.
Many teachers, principals & parents have claimed these similar words, "You could hear a pin drop as they listened to Tom. He captured the students attention in such an unbelievable way" Our home life has changed due to my kid applying the challenges from Mr. Coverly."
ASSEMBLY TOPICS - VARIETY IS KEY!
The Destroy Illusions School Assembly is unique from any assembly you have ever had! The creative approach to touch on a variety of topics during an assembly has been proven (by over 5 million students) to be an effective way to challenge ALL the students in the audience.
If Tom Coverly had to sum up his assembly in one word it would be, "RESPECT". He focuses on respecting yourself, your peers and those in authority.
Tom Coverly will destroy the illusions and lies young people are believing and remind them of truth and reality. Students will leave the assembly having more self worth, wanting to respect others more, choosing integrity, character, desiring to make wiser choices, stand up against bullying, appreciate the gift of life and see their life with a new found purpose!
NOTE: Tom makes no mention of the words; bullying, suicide, politics or religion in any of his school assemblies because he believes in tackling the root cause of the issues facing students. Plus, we all know the word, "bullying" is one of the most overused and missed words in schools today. Tom is emotionally and culturally sensitive to the issues you are dealing with within the school and our purpose is too create solutions, not problems for you. This is why he is highly requested! Students love him and administrators are relieved a speaker cares enough to serve the school and not some other agenda.
Want to have Tom Coverly back later in the school year or the following year for the same group of students? No problem. Tom can perform a couple new illusions and give part 2 of this assembly which is a more hands on approach to drive home this message even more. Also, Tom can talk specifically about any of the following topics of YOUR CHOICE; suicide prevention, substance abuse, perspective, choosing the right friends & leading a legacy. We also have a list of other top youth speakers we can book for you. Just ask and we would love to set you up with a rotation of speakers for each year. We want to help you year after year not have to worry about having to search for top quality professional speakers.
LENGTH OF AN ASSEMBLY
A 60 minute middle/high school assembly time is highly recommended. However, we are more than happy to work with your schedule if it needs to be shorter. Just let us know when booking the assembly. This does not affect the rate. Elementary assemblies are 45 minutes.
The Destroy Illusions Assembly is one of the nations most requested programs for middle school and high schools. His style of motivational entertainment relates most to pre-teens, teens & young adults. His humor is always 100% clean and he uses no foul language. He is amazing at taking the same subject matter (RESPECT) and catering the style of his talk to fit the age audience he is speaking to.
However, Tom is great with the elementary age students too. He has a special assembly 45 minute assembly (HERO) geared for them on topics of anti-bullying, respect, helping others, self image and character. Tom highly recommends if possible that all elementary assemblies be divided into two assemblies (one for lower elementary grades and one for upper elementary grades). Please keep this in mind when booking multiple assemblies.
Click here to see clips of the BRAND NEW, "Hero" elemntary school assembly.
SET-UP FOR THE ASSEMBLY
Set up and tear down is super easy. Tom needs 15-30 mins prior to students arrive before each assembly to set up. The auditorium is always preferred as a first option to have the assembly, but the gymnasium floor or bleachers work too. Professional speakers & sound system is required as well as a wireless handheld mic. The school must also provide few small simple items (items found in the contract). Finally, just provide an aux cord for us to play upbeat music as students arrive for the assembly. That's it!
BOOKING RATES * AS LOW AS $2,000 PER ASSEMBLY *
ALL RATES INCLUDE ALL TRAVEL WITHIN THE CONTINENTAL USA.
Yes, even travel is included in the rates; airfare, rental car, fuel and baggage fees. We book all travel and lodging to make things even easier so that you can focus on getting students excited for the assembly. If you are located in Alaska, Hawaii or another country, rates remain the same, but travel will be additional.
Tom can speak up to three assemblies per school day. Great news -- We created a price break in the rates below for the schools who need to have multiple assemblies due to grade sizes or space issues in the gym or auditorium. Also, schools often partner with nearby school districts to bring Tom in for the same day or multiple back to back days to take advantage of the price break for multiple assemblies. Feel free to lock in your assembly date with us and we can always add the additional schools in the future (and we will adjust your final balance accordingly).
THE MORE YOU BOOK, THE BETTER RATE PER ASSEMBLY
$3000 per assembly - one assembly
$2500 per assembly - two assemblies
$2000 per assembly - three or more assemblies
* ADDITIONAL BACK TO BACK DAYS REQUIRED FOR FOUR OR MORE ASSEMBLIES
We have a pre-recorded virtual school assembly too. We created a professional high quality 30 minute video that was produced to feel like a casual virtual assembly with tons of extras including performing and teaching students a couple magic tricks. This pre-recorded assembly (geared towards middle/high schoolers) will give you private viewing rights for your school to show it within a classroom setting.
Only $500 for access for the school year.
IDEAS FOR SCHOOLS WITHOUT A BUDGET
1. GRANTS - Many schools that do not have budgets for assemblies, seek local and federal grants for assemblies.
2. LOCAL BUSINESS SUPPORT - You would be surprised at how many local business owners in your community would be interested in helping impact your school by bringing in a nationally recognized motivational speaker in exchange for recognition of their business at the assembly or in exchange of sending home with students a special discounted coupon offer to families. If you decide to have an evening show for the community the evening of the school assembly, you can put the business sponsors on the back of the tickets. Never hurts to ask.
"In my twenty years in education, he was the most impactful guest that we have ever had. He connected with students in a way that I’ve never seen before."
TOP 5 FACTS
1. Tom uses a lot of audience participation. Students love seeing their peers on stage.
2. Tom has spoken to 5 million+ students all over America & globally.
3. Students relate to stories, not statistics. Tom uses many heartfelt personal stories along with his comedy & illusion show.
4. The Destroy Illusions Assembly is appropriate for your elementary, middle, high school, college students. No foul language, crude jokes, nor any mention about religion or politics. Each assembly is adapted to be topic and age appropriate.
5. Tom has performed for numerous celebrities, TV & radio stations such as;
* Tom has appeared on NBC, FOX & ABC & numerous radio stations in America.
* Jep & Jessica Robinson from the hit TV show, "Duck Dysnasty"
* Mrs Universe
* The entire cast and producers for the "Batman Vs. Superman" Movie.
* Rick The Reptile Guy (A&E TV Show "Wild Transport")
* i-Shine (TBN)
* Amber Montana (Nickelodeon TV show "Haunted Hathaways")
* Shared stage with Paula Abdul at MGM GRAND Vegas